Here are my pros and cons of live tweeting this week:
- Immediate and exciting
- Like live blogging, tweeting lessens anxiety, as you don’t have time to edit
- This was difficult to start. My first few tweets felt awkward. What to say?
- Consider the venue. Tapping on an iPhone at a home brewed beer tasting in cramped quarters feels obnoxious. I’m sure it looked obnoxious too.
- Don’t forget to disable your Twitter-to-Facebook link, if you have one. I disabled the Twitter app from within FB. However, I forgot to disable this linkage from within my Twitter account. Therefore, I filled friends’ FB feeds with noise.
- Be sure to spellcheck. I made several typos that I could have avoided.